COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)#
Information for Plan Participants#
Frequently Asked Questions#
- What is coronavirus and COVID-19?
- Coronavirus is a family of viruses that cause respiratory illness — an infection of the airways and lungs. COVID-19 is a new disease caused by a strain of coronavirus. It’s part of the same family of coronavirus diseases that includes the common cold.
- What are the symptoms?
- The most common early symptoms appear between 2 and 14 days after infection. Symptoms can be mild to severe. They include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- How does the virus spread?
- Like many other viruses, COVID-19 seems to spread from person to person through a cough, sneeze, or kiss.
- How do I protect myself?
- Frequent hand-washing is the most effective way to protect yourself from infection. Other good habits to practice include covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and cleaning frequently touched items such as phones, keyboards, and doorknobs to help remove germs. Visit the CDC website for more on prevention and treatment.
- What do I do if I have symptoms?
- Call your doctor if you develop a fever, have a cough, or have difficulty breathing; or if you've been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19, or if you live in or have recently traveled to an area where the virus has spread.
- What will my plan cover?
- Your health plan will cover the care you get if you’re diagnosed as having COVID-19, based on your plan’s benefits. It’ll also cover testing for COVID-19, if medically indicated. Please refer to the terms in your plan for coverage details.
- Will my plan cover Covid-19 vaccination?
- Vaccination per CDC guidelines is covered at 100%.
Information for Employers#
OSHA ETS Info#
|OSHA ETS Home Page||OSHA ETS FAQs|
|Phia Group COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Update||OSHA Suspends enforcement of mandate|